(updated and revised February 2017)
- 2-4 posts per day, max. 1 Minimum.
- text-only posts have limited engagement. Add a picture (even if it’s random) to boost visibility of your post and encourage sharing.
- Don’t be afraid to ASK for what you want. Give a clear call to action, whether it’s to share the post, click a link, donate, or like a post
- Out of every 10 posts, only THREE should be promotional / call to action / etc. The other 7 should be personal, real life, or inspirational.
- Post direct to Facebook, rather than using third party apps like Hootesuite or Buffer, or sharing from Instagram
- Facebook is really proud of its Live feature – so it prioritizes visibility of that content over everything else. A Facebook Live video will be seen more easily than a normal “posted” video.
- The best time to post on Facebook is 1–4 p.m. late into the week and on weekends.
- Saturday and Sunday at 12–1 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday at 1–4 p.m.
- Wednesday at 3 p.m.
When to post on Facebook in general to increase your shares and clickthroughs:
- 1 p.m.
- 3 p.m.
- 9 a.m.